Thursday, October 30, 2008

How To Make Pepper Spray

How To Make Pepper Spray

A lot of my friends make fun of me for carrying mace spray. They say that I'm just being paranoid, but I think that I am just being careful.

You see, the reason that I carry Mace Pepper spray is not because I am fearful. The reason I carry it is because I have always believed that it is better to be safe than sorry.

I used to think that Mace Pepper spray was a stupid idea. I had taken a few self-defense classes, and I felt that I was pretty tough.

Carrying mace spray or pepper spray seemed like a waste, since I was pretty sure I could beat up anyone who was likely to attack me. Then I had a little talk about the subject with my self-defense teacher.

She told me an interesting statistic. She said that about 50% of trained fighters panic when assaulted. You can have all the training in the world, but when you are actually in the position of having to defend your life from an assailant, you might not remember what you learned.

One thing you will be able to remember, however, is to take out your Mace Pepper spray. I had always thought that it would be difficult to spray Mace Pepper spray in someone's eyes while they were attacking you, but my self defense teacher said that it was actually quite easy.

According to her, accurately spraying Mace Pepper spray is much easier than accurately aiming a defensive kick. Best of all, the pepper mace is guaranteed to disable the opponent. The kick is not.

Since then, I have been carrying defensive mace. I have never had to use it once, but I am glad that it is there. The one time I was threatened by a drunk, I managed to convince him to go away without recourse to the Mace Pepper spray.

Still, it is comforting to know that it is there in case I ever do need it. Although I live in a very safe area, I would still rather not have to take my chances.

The fact that it makes me feel more safe and secure to carry the Mace Pepper spray is reason enough to keep it on my key chain. It is important, even crucial to happiness, to feel safe where you live. Feeling prepared to defend myself makes me feel safe, and therefore it makes me feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment